7th Day in the Alps…
Still not done posting about our adventures in the Austrian Alps two winters ago. I hope to document them all in our family’s online travel journal, so here goes…
On our 7th day in the Alps we went back to Hochgurgl to do the 3-km toboggan ride again. We had such an adventure doing it the night before that it wasn’t enough especially for our thrill-seeker kids.
We also wanted to go to the Top Mountain Star, a modern bar 3080 meters above see level at Wurmkogl Peak. To get there we took the Hochgurglbahn I and Hochgurglbahn II gondolas. On top of Hochgurglbahn II, at 3000 m asl, were the Fun Slope and easy ski runs, but they did not look easy at all, more for intermediates in my kids’ opinion. From there, we were supposed to take the Wurmkogl Lift II to the Top Mountain Star but getting to the lift was a challenge. The snow was knee-high deep for adults and would be worse for our much shorter 9-year-old, so we decided to just head back down the base.
The kids did a few more runs on the toboggan, and after lunch at Downhill Grill restaurant, we headed back to Obergurgl.
Back at Obergurgl, Benjamin went snowboarding on his own. Joaquin found a couple of kids to do some sledding. And my hubby and I had some downtime at Hotel Jenewein’s terrace restaurant and bar.
Here are the other posts on our Bavaria and Austrian winter holiday.
- Munich: Start of our family’s tales from last winter
- Munich: Viktualienmarkt Biergarten
- Munich: BMW Museum and BMW Welt
- Munich: Theatine Church and Odeonplatz
- Munich: Christmas Markets
- Munich: Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall
- Munich: City Aparthotel München
- Salzburg: Birthplace of Mozart and Silent Night
- Salzburg: Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Salzburg: Residenzplatz Christmas Market
- Salzburg: Salzburg Cathedral
- Salzburg: Silent Night 200 at Salzburg Museum
- Salzburg: Silent Night Tour by Bob’s Special Tour
- Salzburg: Silent Night at Oberndorf and Laufen
- Salzkammergut: Road Trip to Hallstatt
- Salzkammergut: Christmas Market at St Wolfgang
- Salzburg: Krampus Run at Hellbrunn Palace
- Salzburg: Imlauer Hotel Pitter Salzburg
- Obergurgl: A Week in the Austrian Alps
- Obergurgl: Chalet Obergurgl Luxury Apartments
- Obergurgl: Hohe Mut Alm Mountain Restaurant
- Obergurgl: Snowstorm on Christmas Eve
- Obergurgl: Day After the Storm
- Obergurgl: Snowshoeing
- Hochgurgl: Tobogganing