2nd day in the Austrian Alps…
Perched on a ridge 2670m above sea level and surrounded by dramatic mountain peaks, Hohe Mut Alm restaurant is a destination in itself. It was the venue of our first mountain hut meal in Austria’s Tirol region.
From the base of the Hohe Mut piste, we took the first gondola and then the second to reach the restaurant. Throughout the ride, we marvelled at how magnificent the Alps was. (Here’s a short video of our gondola ride and visit to Hohe Mut Alm)
The first thing that caught our attention when we arrived was the playground. It was amazing to see facilities for kids like this on such a remote and high place. There were some barriers though not throughout, so my hubby and I had to be alert the entire time.
For a mountain restaurant, Hohe Mut Alm impressed us with premium-quality food. They serve traditional Tirolean dishes but on that particular lunch we opted for good ol’ pasta dishes and beef goulash.
The restaurant has a few seating areas and the first one that greeted us was alfresco, but the biting cold prevented us from sitting there. The other one was also outdoor, behind the hut, but with higher glass walls to defend its diners from the strong wind. That was our choice. There were also plenty of tables inside where it was warmer and cozy.
We had some more time after lunch so we went to the playground again and took a few more pictures before heading back to the village.
Here’s a video of our visit to Hohe Mut Alm. Enjoy watching!
Our visit to Hohe Mut Alm was during our 2nd day in the Austrian Alps (Day 7 of our 18-day holiday).
Here are other blogs on our Bavaria and Austrian holiday:
- Munich: Start of our family’s tales from last winter
- Munich: Viktualienmarkt Biergarten
- Munich: BMW Museum and BMW Welt
- Munich: Theatine Church and Odeonplatz
- Munich: Christmas Markets
- Munich: Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall
- Munich: City Aparthotel München
- Salzburg: Birthplace of Mozart and Silent Night
- Salzburg: Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Salzburg: Residenzplatz Christmas Market
- Salzburg: Salzburg Cathedral
- Salzburg: Silent Night 200 at Salzburg Museum
- Salzburg: Silent Night Tour by Bob’s Special Tour
- Salzburg: Silent Night at Oberndorf and Laufen
- Salzkammergut: Road Trip to Hallstatt
- Salzkammergut: Christmas Market at St Wolfgang
- Salzburg: Krampus Run at Hellbrunn Palace
- Salzburg: Imlauer Hotel Pitter Salzburg
- Obergurgl: A Week in the Austrian Alps
- Obergurgl: Chalet Obergurgl Luxury Apartments